Call For Applications - Commonwealth Youth Forum
APPLICATIONS FOR OUR 2015 COHORT NOW CLOSED
St Paul's Bay, Malta
21-25 November 2015
MYCommonwealth (MYC) and The Royal Commonwealth Society of Canada (RCS Canada) invite you to submit your application to attend the 10th Commonwealth Youth Forum (CYF) which will take place in Malta from 21-25 November 2015. If you are a young person between the ages of 18 and 29 and have experience in youth advocacy and development, apply today!
We are looking for two youth leaders (gender balanced) to play an integral role in the CYF. Both young leaders will be accredited by the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development and will therefore have full voting rights and will be able to speak on behalf of Canadian youth in all sessions, including during the voting of the final Outcome Document. Successful applicants will receive round-trip (economy) airfare of up to $2,000 CDN to and from Malta (supported by MYC and RCS Canada), as well as accommodation, meals and on-ground travel for the duration of the CYF (supported by the host, the Government of Malta). Successful candidates must hold a valid passport and be free to travel for up to two days before the start of the Forum.
Successful applicants must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident aged 18 to 29;
- Demonstrate an interest in global and Commonwealth issues and an interest in working with other young people towards the success of local and regional youth organizations;
- Be dedicated to strengthening dialogue between young people of the Commonwealth;
- Be committed to working in Canada with youth leaders, young people, youth organizations and special interest groups as part of the preparatory work prior to attending and after the Forum. This includes disseminating learnings and engaging with the Commonwealth Youth Council, The Royal Commonwealth Society of Canada and its branches, MYCommonwealth, and other stakeholders to assist in implementing outcomes from the Forum;
- Be prepared to fully take part in the complete Forum programme between 21-25 November 2015 and be available to travel to Malta up to two (2) days before activities commence;
- Upon returning from Malta, will be required to write and submit a report on their experience.
How to Apply
Submit your application directly to: email@example.com
Subject line: CYF Applicant FirstName LastName
- Submit a one page expression of interest letter outlining their motivation for participating in the CYF, how their past experiences make them a good candidate to participate in the Forum, and how their work as a youth leader will contribute to implementing the outcomes of the CYF;
- Submit an up to date CV (maximum two pages);
- Attach a clear, high resolution head shot in JPEG or PDF;
- Indicate in their email if they are a member of the Royal Commonwealth Society and/or MYCommonwealth (membership is not a requirement to apply or be selected).
More on the Commonwealth Youth Forum
60% of the population of the Commonwealth is made up of people under the age of 30, which makes the Commonwealth Youth Forum a crucial platform if the Commonwealth is to be revived and made more relevant on a global stage. During this Forum, approximately 450 delegates from all over the Commonwealth and beyond will convene to discuss how young people can contribute and add value to upholding and enhancing the Commonwealth Charter, achieving the goals of the UN High Level Panel post-2015 development agenda to eradicate poverty and transform economies through sustainable development, and meeting the outcomes of the Commonwealth's Strategic Plan 2013-14/2016-17.
For more information on the CYF please visit: https://chogm2015.mt/fora/youthforum
Deadline for submitting your application is 11:59 pm EST on Thursday, September 3rd, 2015. Late applications will not be considered. Successful applicants will be contacted no later than Wednesday, September 9th, 2015.
Send your completed application or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application!
MYCommonwealth & The Royal Commonwealth Society of Canada